A rooftop PV system has several components and each one of them has its own performance parameters. In order to increase the reliability of the system, the following warranty and insurance is required for each component:
- Manufacturer Warranty for Modules shall cover manufacturing defects for a period of 10 years.
- Minimum performance of 90% of the rated output for first 10 years, and 80% of the rated output for the next 10 years.
- 20-year performance warranty that guarantees a maximum degradation will not exceed 2.5% in the first year, and 0.5–0.7%/yr thereafter.
- Inverter warranty shall cover a minimum of 10 years of manufacturer warranty. This warranty shall cover the defects or damages that may occur to the inverter parts.
Mounting and Wiring:
- Warranty cover by the service provider for mounting structure and wiring for5 years.
Vendors/service providers shall submit necessary test certificates from accredited laboratories and obtain the conformity certificate from Sri Lanka Sustainable Energy Authority for PV panels, invertors and DC Cables as appropriate.
The Vendor/Service Provider shall provide insurance cover for following through a reputed Insurance Company
- Comprehensive General Liability for the components of the PV system
- Workers’ Compensation for any accident during the installation/maintenance